For Swifter® HVLS Ceiling Fans
Coverage. The Limited Warranty covers the Swifter brand of HVLS ceiling fans manufactured and supplied by Glocon, Inc. (Glocon). The warranty covers all standard fan parts and fan accessories found to have a manufacturing or workmanship defect. Non-standard or custom fan assemblies or parts supplied are not covered under this warranty.
Warranty Period. The Limited Warranty period commences from the ship date. Ship date is defined as the date which Glocon ships the fan components/accessories from its factory or distribution warehouse. The warranty remains active only through the first installation; if the fan is re-mounted in any way, the warranty is void.
– Standard Fan Assemblies have a 5 year warranty, limited to the following major components: Motor, Fan Blades and Controller.
– Spare and replacement parts purchased by the Customer are not covered under this Limited Warranty.
The Limited Warranty is transferrable to a new owner for the remaining period of the warranty. The warranty is transferrable to an end-user when the fan is purchased through an Glocon authorized reseller, distributor or directly from Glocon. It is the responsibility of the reseller to communicate the Limited Warranty terms and conditions to the end-user. Alternatively, reseller may provide Glocon the end-user’s contact information, so that we may register the user.
Conditions. The fan must be installed by either a Glocon factory technician, or a state licensed electrician/contractor. The fan must be installed in a non-residential facility. The fan cannot be relocated from its original installed location. The fan must be installed, operated and maintained as per the User Manual. The fan cannot be modified in any way. The fan must be paid for in full as per the terms of sale. If any of the above conditions are not met, then the Warranty is void.
– The warranty is void if the fan is exported outside of the country to which the original sale was made, unless authorized by Glocon. Customers outside the USA and Canada must purchase the fan directly from Glocon or a Glocon Authorized Reseller for the warranty to be active.
– Fan noise is not covered under the Limited Warranty. Fan noise ratings stated on Glocon product data sheets, quotations or other communications are based on controlled test conditions and are therefore approximations and for general reference only. Actual fan noise may vary depending on installation site, fan configuration, environment and duration of use. Fan noise is normal and is to be expected given the use of various electrical and mechanical sub-components.
– The Limited Warranty will be void in its entirety if there is damage caused by a) improper operation, use, handling, transportation, installation or maintenance, b) an unstable electrical power supply, c) physical collision of an external object with fan and, d) adverse site conditions, including, but not limited to, excessive heat, humidity, dust, corrosive or erosive environments, etc. The Limited Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, or minor cosmetic defects.
Return Policy. All sales are final. Glocon does not accept returns without prior return authorization.
Claim Process. If you experience any problem with the fan, immediately shut down fan operation and contact us so that we may help troubleshoot. In the event that the problem is not resolved over the phone, customer must a) file a claim, b) obtain an RMA #, c) package claimed part(s) appropriately to prevent any damage during handling and shipping, d) ship the claimed part(s) to Glocon, with prepaid shipping and insurance. Customer is responsible for any costs incurred to uninstall defective or re-install replacement fan parts. Upon receipt and review of the parts being claimed against the warranty, Glocon will advise disposition for the claim. If it is determined that the claimed part has a manufacturing or workmanship defect, then Glocon will, at its option, either repair or replace the defective component and ship it back to the customer. If it is determined that the source of component failure is outside of the scope of this warranty, then the Customer will be given the option to purchase a replacement part. Glocon reserves the right to make the final determination as to whether the component is covered under this Limited Warranty.
If the fan was purchased directly from Glocon, you can contact us via phone or email to initiate the claim process. If the fan was purchased through a reseller, contact them first, so they can file the claim directly with us. If the reseller is unavailable or unable to assist, then you may contact Glocon directly. Customer must provide the serial number of the fan, which is located on the fan motor. The serial number is also documented on the Glocon Packing List. Customer must NOT ship any components to Glocon without first obtaining an RMA #. Shipments without an RMA # will NOT be accepted.
This document is a statement of product warranty and is not an insurance certificate.
NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND IS MADE UNLESS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN. GLOCON DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY, AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED BY LAW AND ARE NOT DISCLAIMED HEREBY ARE LIMITED, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TO THE APPLICABLE PERIOD OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR THE SPECIFIED DURATION OF SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WHICHEVER IS SHORTER. GLOCON WILL NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES PROVIDED FOR IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. GLOCON’S LIABILITY WILL BE NO MORE THAN THE AMOUNT RECEIVED AGAINST THE GLOCON INVOICE ISSUED TO THE ORIGINAL BUYER FOR THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY IN THOSE RESPECTIVE STATES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY IN THOSE RESPECTIVE STATES.